Tuesday 10 June 2014

My Top 10 Disney Princess Songs

Hello!

I love the Disney Princesses. I look up to them all and I think that they teach people of all ages good morals and life lessons. One of my favourite things about the princess movies are the songs that are in them. Some songs are humorous and upbeat and others are slower with heart-warming lyrics. So, today I am going to tell you my list of top 10 Disney Princess songs! They are not in any particular order, they are just some of my favourites.

1. When Will My Life Begin? - Tangled
I love this song as it is so upbeat and catchy. I know all the lyrics and could sing it all day long! One of my favourite things about it is that if you watch closely, throughout the song Pascal is copying everything that Rapunzel does! So cute!

2. Part Of Your World - The Little Mermaid
I feel as though this song really tells a story and tells us a lot more about Ariel's personality. It shows us that even though she loves her life down in the sea, her real dream is to be where the people are. I also love all the lyrics!

3. Colours Of The Wind - Pocahontas
This song is so powerful and has such a strong message behind it. When you listen to it, you hear that it is a lovely song, however if you look closer at the lyrics and the meaning behind them you will see what the message the song is portraying.

4. That's How You Know - Enchanted
Now I know that Giselle is not an official Disney Princess but I just had to put this song in my top 10 because I love it so much! I really like the fact that it just starts off with Giselle singing and then slowly, throughout the song, everyone joins in! Also, throughout the whole song Robert is just following her round completely confused and lost!

5. Almost There - The Princess and the Frog
Choosing my favourite song from The Princess and the Frog was really hard because I love them all so much! But after much debate I chose Almost There (closely followed by When We're Human!). I like this song because it is so catchy and really fun!

6. A Whole New World - Aladdin
I think that this is such a beautiful song and I love the way that it tells a story. I think that it may be one of my favourite Disney duets! This is a song that I can put on whatever mood I'm in and still sing along. I really like the lyrics and I think the fact that they are on a flying carpet makes it even more magical!

7. A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes - Cinderella
This song makes me so happy and is a song that I can remember listening to when I was little. The way she sings the song is so beautiful and I think that it sends out a wonderful message to the world. Cinderella was my first ever favourite Disney Princess so this song always reminds me of when I was younger.

8. Beauty And The Beast - Beauty and the Beast
This is the only song in my list that isn't sung by the princess in the movie, however it is my favourite song from Beauty and the Beast so I had to put it in my top 10! I love the ballroom scene in the movie so having this song sung on top of it makes me love them both even more! I think the song is so charming and really tells the story.

9. Reflection - Mulan
This song from Mulan is really pretty and it has got a really interesting message behind it. I think people can interpret this song in so many ways, as it can mean something different to every person who listens to it. I really like this song as it shows her true emotions and sends out a powerful message.

10. For The First Time In Forever (Reprise) - Frozen
I know that you were waiting for a song from Frozen to be in this list, so here it is! To be honest, I simply can not choose my favourite song from Frozen as I love them all so much, however I chose this one as it features both Elsa and Anna and it is such a powerful song. It shows us very clearly how the two girls are feeling and how their worlds are so different yet so much the same. My favourite part of this song is when Elsa hits that note at the end of the song.

I hope you enjoyed reading my top 10 Disney Princess songs and that you have fun listening to the songs! In the future I think I will do more of these 'top 10' posts, so look out for those!

Keep sweet!
Bethany x

No comments:

Post a Comment